Friday, February 24, 2012

Clustering Reporting Services

Hello,
I'm running a two node cluster, Windows 2003 R2 and SQL 2005. Does anyone
have a white paper or documentation that tells me how to install Reporting
Services as a clustered service? I've never set up a web farm or anyting of
that nature, so any information regarding this would be greatly apprecaited.
Thank you
Alex AndersonI have the same issue here, I'll start installing an active-active cluster
this week and I need to install reporting services on the cluster.
What is the best way to do this.
I asume that reporting services is not cluster aware.
Regards
"Alex Anderson" wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm running a two node cluster, Windows 2003 R2 and SQL 2005. Does anyone
> have a white paper or documentation that tells me how to install Reporting
> Services as a clustered service? I've never set up a web farm or anyting of
> that nature, so any information regarding this would be greatly apprecaited.
> Thank you
> Alex Anderson
>|||Zekske,
What I found out was, depending what version of SQL 2005 you have, I have
standard 2005 which even though SQL is clusterable, reporting services is
not. You will need Enterprise SQL 2005 to be able to cluster reporting
services. I'm just going to run a non-clusterable version of reporting
services.
"Zekske" wrote:
> I have the same issue here, I'll start installing an active-active cluster
> this week and I need to install reporting services on the cluster.
> What is the best way to do this.
> I asume that reporting services is not cluster aware.
> Regards
> "Alex Anderson" wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm running a two node cluster, Windows 2003 R2 and SQL 2005. Does anyone
> > have a white paper or documentation that tells me how to install Reporting
> > Services as a clustered service? I've never set up a web farm or anyting of
> > that nature, so any information regarding this would be greatly apprecaited.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Alex Anderson
> >|||OK thanks.
We're installing Enterprise Edition so we'll try the clustering...
Regards
"Alex Anderson" wrote:
> Zekske,
> What I found out was, depending what version of SQL 2005 you have, I have
> standard 2005 which even though SQL is clusterable, reporting services is
> not. You will need Enterprise SQL 2005 to be able to cluster reporting
> services. I'm just going to run a non-clusterable version of reporting
> services.
> "Zekske" wrote:
> > I have the same issue here, I'll start installing an active-active cluster
> > this week and I need to install reporting services on the cluster.
> > What is the best way to do this.
> > I asume that reporting services is not cluster aware.
> > Regards
> >
> > "Alex Anderson" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm running a two node cluster, Windows 2003 R2 and SQL 2005. Does anyone
> > > have a white paper or documentation that tells me how to install Reporting
> > > Services as a clustered service? I've never set up a web farm or anyting of
> > > that nature, so any information regarding this would be greatly apprecaited.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > > Alex Anderson
> > >

No comments:

Post a Comment