Saturday, February 25, 2012

cmd-line for change of TCP port

How can I use cmd-line to change the TCP port?
I don't want the GUI SVRNETCN utility.
Please help.
hi Tony,
"Tony" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:2bcd01c4a1e4$5dc4a3c0$a601280a@.phx.gbl
> How can I use cmd-line to change the TCP port?
> I don't want the GUI SVRNETCN utility.
> Please help.
I do not think there's a way to do it manually, if not "manually" hacking
the windows registry in the
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer\Su perSocketNetLib\Tcp
TcpPort = your port
TcpDynamicPorts = blank
but you know, hacking the registry, as someone else stated elsewhere,
"And by the way, editing the registry is extremely dangerous and I'm not
responsible if you make a mistake and your hair is sure to fall out and you
will catch pneumonia blah blah blah..." =:-)
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.9.1 - DbaMgr ver 0.55.1
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||Tony - it's only a matter of changing a registry key. So use reg.exe.
Neil Pike MVP/MCSE. Protech Computing Ltd
(Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)

No comments:

Post a Comment