Thursday, March 22, 2012

Collation conflict

Hi all,

I have a db server which was installed with Collation 'SQL_Latin_General_CP1_CS_AS' and now I have to replace this server with a new server and I want to install this server with Collation 'SQL_Latin_General_CP1_CI_AS'.

I am using Linked Servers to collect some data from my Sybase database which has "Code Page 850 (Multilingual) character set,us_english,Binary ordering, for use with Code Page 850 (cp850)."

But with new SQL server(case-insensitive settings), I am unable to run a select query (joining a local server and sybase server) and I get an error message "cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation"

I have tried changing property of linked server by specifying Remote server collation to true and Collation Name as 'SQL_Latin_General_CP1_CS_AS' as well as 'SQL_Latin_General_CP850_Bin' but I do get the same error message.

Could any of you please help me in this regard ?

Thanks in advance.

Wilson

Edit: Sorted out. Somehow it is working now after specifying Remote server collation to true and Collation Name as 'SQL_Latin_General_CP1_CS_AS'hi,
check this link and tell me.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325335/en-us

No comments:

Post a Comment