Thursday, March 22, 2012

Collation Conflicts SQL 2005

Hi there,
We have recently upgraded to SQL 2005 standard from SQL 2000.
I have begun a new web project in Visual Studio 2005.
I have added a SQL data source to my project which contains a VIEW.
I am passing a single parameter to the DS to populate a gridview.
I get the following error when I try to:
A. Test the Datasource.
B. Load the page that contains a gridview that uses the DS.
Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
I also get this error when creating stored procedures with an equal
operation.
Any steer in the right direction to resolve this issue would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance!Hi
Have you checked the system collation and the column collations? At a guess
you upgraded/restored a backup with the SQL collation and installed SQL 2005
with the windows collation?
This may be the point where you decided to get rid of the SQL collation? In
which case I think the procedure is that same as SQL 2000, you will need to
alter the collation for the database alter the collation for each column that
uses it. These links should help http://tinyurl.com/429qa
http://tinyurl.com/91sg
John
"Codey" wrote:
> Hi there,
> We have recently upgraded to SQL 2005 standard from SQL 2000.
> I have begun a new web project in Visual Studio 2005.
> I have added a SQL data source to my project which contains a VIEW.
> I am passing a single parameter to the DS to populate a gridview.
> I get the following error when I try to:
> A. Test the Datasource.
> B. Load the page that contains a gridview that uses the DS.
> Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
> "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
>
> I also get this error when creating stored procedures with an equal
> operation.
> Any steer in the right direction to resolve this issue would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Thanks in advance!
>
>|||Hi John,
Worked an absolute treat! - Thanks a million!
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:C315F5A7-2EFF-4C59-B5A9-1A8721534E19@.microsoft.com...
> Hi
> Have you checked the system collation and the column collations? At a
> guess
> you upgraded/restored a backup with the SQL collation and installed SQL
> 2005
> with the windows collation?
> This may be the point where you decided to get rid of the SQL collation?
> In
> which case I think the procedure is that same as SQL 2000, you will need
> to
> alter the collation for the database alter the collation for each column
> that
> uses it. These links should help http://tinyurl.com/429qa
> http://tinyurl.com/91sg
> John
> "Codey" wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> We have recently upgraded to SQL 2005 standard from SQL 2000.
>> I have begun a new web project in Visual Studio 2005.
>> I have added a SQL data source to my project which contains a VIEW.
>> I am passing a single parameter to the DS to populate a gridview.
>> I get the following error when I try to:
>> A. Test the Datasource.
>> B. Load the page that contains a gridview that uses the DS.
>> Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and
>> "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
>>
>> I also get this error when creating stored procedures with an equal
>> operation.
>> Any steer in the right direction to resolve this issue would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>> Thanks in advance!
>>sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment