Sunday, March 25, 2012

collation error...

I have a database on one SQL server.
I have backed up the database and then restored it onto another SQLServer.
I have the following SQL statement:
exec myStoredProcedure 'stress', NULL,NULL, 1, -1
When I run it against the database on serverA it works, but when I run it
against the backup SQL server I get the following error message:
Server: Msg 446, Level 16, State 9, Line 1
Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.
Server: Msg 446, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.
I don't know how to fix this...
I presume that it's the server collation, but don't know how to update it.
Please advise...
Thanks
GriffIs there a join aganst a temp table? If the system db's are a different
collation and the join is there, that would explain it. To change server
collation, you'll need to use the rebuildm utility, and there are lots of
caveats there because you will loose all of your system database objects
like jobs, maintenance plans, logins, dts packages, and so on.
See REBUILDM or rebuild master in books on line.
Kevin Connell, MCDBA
----
The views expressed here are my own
and not of my employer.
----
"GriffithsJ" <GriffithsJ_520@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Oz7R447zDHA.536@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I have a database on one SQL server.
> I have backed up the database and then restored it onto another SQLServer.
> I have the following SQL statement:
> exec myStoredProcedure 'stress', NULL,NULL, 1, -1
> When I run it against the database on serverA it works, but when I run it
> against the backup SQL server I get the following error message:
> Server: Msg 446, Level 16, State 9, Line 1
> Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.
> Server: Msg 446, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.
> I don't know how to fix this...
> I presume that it's the server collation, but don't know how to update it.
> Please advise...
> Thanks
> Griff
>|||Great help - thanks.
Had to resort to that... as you pointed out, now need to rebuild everything.
That will have to wait until next year though!
Happy New Year
Griff

No comments:

Post a Comment