Sunday, March 25, 2012

collation issue

Hi,

I try to use MSDE2000a with JDBC dirver. However I got error message saying
VM encoding error (Cp 1250).

I think i have to change a Collation during setup to Polish.

I did this way, but installation fails then.

I really dont know why.

SebastianThe Torn (thetorn@.op.pl) writes:
> I try to use MSDE2000a with JDBC dirver. However I got error message
> saying VM encoding error (Cp 1250).
> I think i have to change a Collation during setup to Polish.
> I did this way, but installation fails then.
> I really dont know why.

If the problem is related to Microsoft's JDBC driver, you have more
success in microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver.

In any case you need to supply more information about what you're
doing. "Installation fails" - do you get an error message or what happens?

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp|||Hello,

I have installed MSDE2000a, then I have installed
MS JDBC drivers.

Now I am trying to Use SQLCrator Application, which contects thru JDBC. But
I got following error:

Unsupported VM Encoding Cp1250. I thought i should install MS SQL Sever with
Collaton parateter set to Polish.

I did so, but in this case I got error during installation: saying that
Windows cant setup Server.

Thanks with advance.

regards
Sebastian|||The Torn (thetorn@.op.pl) writes:
> I have installed MSDE2000a, then I have installed
> MS JDBC drivers.
> Now I am trying to Use SQLCrator Application, which contects thru JDBC.
> But I got following error:
> Unsupported VM Encoding Cp1250.

That sounds like a Java error, which I cannot help with.

> I thought i should install MS SQL Sever with Collaton parateter set to
> Polish.

So what default collation did you have initially?

> I did so, but in this case I got error during installation: saying that
> Windows cant setup Server.

Did you uninstall and resintalled? Or did you install a new named instance?

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment